Starting from kindergarten (age 5 +), the school provides 13 years of education. SFHS is registered with the Council for the Indian Schools Certificate Examination, New Delhi and the International Baccalauate for the the Diploma Programme (Grades 11 & 12).
The school is divided into 3 levels:
Junior School Programme (Kindergarten to Class 4) – Children develop skills in all the basic subjects [English; Mathematics; Hindi; Social & Environmental Sciences; Science; Computers; Physical Education; Music; Art and Design; Dramatics] with the care and attention of one educator, who ensures an holistic development in the sensitive early years; ensuring a solid foundation of basic concepts.
Middle School Programme (Class 5 – 7) – Here students continue their development in the basic subjects while being exposed to subject specialist educators and start a third language (French or Punjabi). We also start initiating students into formal forms of assessment in the middle school.
High School Progamme (Class 8 – 12) – The high school programme prepares the students for sitting the Class 10 ICSE. In grades 11 & 12 students can choose to pursue either the ISC public examinations or the International Baccaluareate Diploma Programme.
ISC subjects offered – ISC students are required to take 5 subjects, they will be assessed on SUPW & Community Service.
- English (compulsory for all streams)
- Humanities Stream: Political Science; Sociology; Economics; Psychology; History; Mathematics; Computer Science; Physical Education and Art
- Commerce Stream: Commerce; Accounts; Economics; Mathematics and Physical Education
- Science Stream: Physics; Chemistry; Biology; Mathematics; Computer Science; Physical Education and Art
IB DP subjects offered – Diploma Programme students are required to take 6 subjects – 3 subjects at Higher Level and 3 subjects at Standard Level along with the IB DP Core which consists of Theory of Knowledge; Creativity, Activity and Service; Extended Essay.
Students need to take one subject each from Groups 1 to 5, for the sixth subject they can choose from Group 6, or take another subject from Groups 3 and 4.
- Group 1 (Studies in Language and Literature): English Language & Literature HL & SL
- Group 2 (Language Acquisition): Hindi B HL & SL; French B HL & SL; French ab initio SL
- Group 3 (Individuals and Societies): Economics HL & SL; History HL & SL; Psychology HL & SL
- Group 4 (Sciences): Biology HL & SL; Physics HL & SL; Chemistry HL & SL; Computer Science HL & SL
- Group 5 (Mathematics): Mathematical Studies SL; Mathematics HL & SL
- Group 6 (The Arts): Visual Art HL & SL