Foundation & History
The school was established in April, 2004 for students in the age group of 5 to 18 years, from Kindergarten to Class 12. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination and in Class 11 and 12 it offers the Commerce, Humanities and Science streams.
The school has been set up under the aegis of the Durga Das Foundation, a non-profit, non-governmental organisation with interests in education, culture and community development. Set up in 1991, the Foundation was registered as a Trust in 1994. Named after the revolutionary freedom fighter and former Chairman of the Punjab Legislative Council, the late Mr. Durga Das Khanna, it has upheld his values of ‘Service before Self’, at all times.
The Foundation is governed by a Board comprising of Trustees representing the field of education, industry, culture and social welfare; who remain custodians of the Foundation’s ideals.
Trustees Of The Durga Das Foundation
- Mr. Brij Mohan Khanna – Tax Consultant (Chairman)
- Mr. Suman Jolly – Industrialist
- Ms. Pami Aswani – Social Worker
- Dr. R P Bambah – Former Vice Chancellor of Panjab University
- Dr. I C Pathak – Former Director of PGI, Chandigarh
- Gen. V P Malik (Retd) – Former Chief of Army Staff
- Mr. Rajeev Sardana – Sr. General Manager HDFC Ltd
- Mr. Kapil Khanna – Tax Consultant
- Mr. Rohit Vishindas Aswani – Non Resident Indian